FLAS’ emergency assistance program provides only support for people with HIV/AIDS. This includes help with any essential utility bill. The agency must adhere to the following guidelines in providing these services.
- FOR UTILITY BILLS, ALL LATE PAYMENTS WILL BE EXCLUDED (WATER, ELECTRICITY, TELEPHONE AND GAS)
- EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE PAYABLE TO VENDORS OR MERCHANTS.
- NO PAYMENTS WILL BE MADE DIRECTLY TO CLIENTS OR FAMILY MEMBERS.
- Have a picture ID, passport or an identification card
- Monthly utility statement must be under client’s name
- Confirmation of HIV status
Request for assistance requires an appointment the first ten business days of every month
Please call 713-772-2366 within the first ten days of every month to check availability of funds and requirements.